We offer Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) manufactured in Germany by KETEK GmbH using leading edge CMOS wafer fabrication and wafer-level glass-window surface mount packaging.
SiPMs are rapidly replacing conventional vacuum photomultiplier tubes (PMTs), silicon avalanche photodiodes (APDs) and silicon photodiodes in a wide range of high speed and low light sensing applications due to a combination of exciting features:-
- Low breakdown voltage - less than 30V
- Tightly controlled breakdown voltage - ±125mV per reel/array
- Low temperature dependence of breakdown voltage - 22mV/°C
- High Gain & SNR
- Immunity to magnetic fields
- MRI compatible packaging
- Small size whilst mechanically and optically robust with no damage from high-light levels
- Multi-channel arrays can be made with fine pitch resolutions not possible in vacuum PMTs
The latest generation of 3x3mm SiPM, the WL Series, brings significant improvements in all key performance parameters - opening up new applications and enabling existing users to upgrade their products.
In summary, KETEK SiPMs combine the benefits of vacuum PMTs (high photon detection efficiency, gain and signal-to-noise) with those of APDs (robustness, miniaturised design, low operation voltage, cost-effective and magnetic insensitivity) to produce an outstanding low level light sensor with exceptional performance at low cost.
For information on KETEK's SiPMs please use the Quick Links to the right of this page - where you will also find Support Links providing additional information.