We are pleased to announce the release of KETEK's new generation of high performance Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs), the WL-Series.
KETEK, based in Munich Germany, are well-established as a supplier of CMOS-based SiPMs offering excellent performance in a rugged MSL1 qualified package and the new range of 3mm-only devices bring improvements in every key operating characteristic.
WL-Series SiPMs are available with three microcell pitches of 15µm, 35µm and 47µm - all offer performance enhancements compared with the previous WB-Series but are optimised respectively for Linearity/Saturation, Crosstalk and Photon Detection Efficiency.
Key improvements offered by WL-Series SiPMs include:-
- High PDE; 51% (47µm microcell, 6.5V overbias)
- High Gain; 9.1M (47µm microcell, 6.5V overbias)
- Fast Recovery Time (Tau); (7ns, 15µm microcell)
- Industry-leading Saturation/Dynamic Range; 15µm
- Low DCR; 25kHz/mm² (15µm microcell, 2.5V overbias)
- Low Crosstalk; 4% (35µm microcell, 2.5V overbias)
- Low Afterpulsing; 1% at 2.5Vob
- Low Dark Current (max) ≡ DCR 45kHz/mm² (15µm microcell, 2.5V overbias)
- Low & Uniform Breakdown Voltage; 29.5±0.75V (±125mV per reel)
KETEK's Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) surpass the current standard detectors (PMT, APD & PIN photodiodes) in many low light applications and are replacing these in a number of key applications areas such as:-
- Medical Imaging (PET, SPECT, CT)
- Hazard & Threat Detection
- LiDAR & 3D Ranging
- High Energy Physics
- Sorting & Recycling
SiPMs combine the benefits of vacuum PMTs (high photon detection efficiency, gain and signal-to-noise) with those of APDs (robustness, miniaturised design, low operation voltage, cost-effective and magnetic insensitivity) to produce an outstanding low level light sensor with exceptional performance at low cost.