We are pleased to announce that AP Technologies has been appointed UK and Ireland distributor for KETEK GmbH's range of Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs).
KETEK, based in Munich Germany, are well-established as the world's leading manufacturer of Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs) and over recent years have applied their expertise in silicon to developing a range of high performance Silicon Photomultipliers based on technologies developed in-house and with the world famous Fraunhofer Institute.
KETEK's Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) surpass the current standard detectors (PMT, APD & PIN photodiodes) in many low light applications and are replacing these in a number of key applications areas such as:-
- Medical Imaging (PET, SPECT, CT)
- Hazard & Threat Detection
- LiDAR & 3D Ranging
- High Energy Physics
- Sorting & Recycling
KETEK SiPMs feature leading edge CMOS wafer fabrication and wafer-level glass-window surface mount packaging to provide key performance benefits:-
- Low operating voltage - less than 30V
- Tightly controlled breakdown voltage - ±300mV
- Low temperature dependence of breakdown voltage - 22mV/°C
- High Gain & SNR
- Immunity to magnetic fields
- MRI compatible packaging
- Small size whilst mechanically and optically robust with no damage from high-light levels
- Multi-channel arrays can be made with fine pitch resolutions not possible in vacuum PMTs
In summary, KETEK SiPMs combine the benefits of vacuum PMTs (high photon detection efficiency, gain and signal-to-noise) with those of APDs (robustness, miniaturised design, low operation voltage, cost-effective and magnetic insensitivity) to produce an outstanding low level light sensor with exceptional performance at low cost.